-Filling Ingredients (Place inside a gallon size freezer bag):
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese
- Add: 1 ½ teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1-8oz. package manicotti
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese and ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Jar or can (24oz) of favorite marinara/past sauce (At walmart I found a can of Hunts Pasta Sauce for $0.86 and it’s tasty!) You can always use 2 cans–it doesn’t make a difference to this recipe at all, it could only help!
- cooking spray
- Combine filling ingredients in a gallon size freezer bag and gently knead until thoroughly mixed.
- Clip a small corner, about 1/2″, of the bag.
- Spray crock pot.
- Spread about 3/4 cup sauce in crock pot .
- Pipe in all of the cheese filling into the noodles and place them in crock pot.
NOTE: Depending on the size/shape of your crock pot, you may need to layer the noodles. If you must layer them, put a generous layer of pasta sauce on top to make sure that the layer is fully covered before stacking the remaining noodles on top.
- Pour remaining sauce on top, covering all of the noodles completely. If 24oz of pasta sauce isn’t enough, you can add more. It is important that all of the noodles are covered all the way. I used 1.5 cans when I made this and had 2 layers of noodles.
- Add cheese as directed from ingredients
- let cook for 1.5-2 hrs on high
- If the noodles are all starting to feel soft (test by poking with a fork), top with the remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese and cook for 30 more minutes.
I have to say that this was a super easy and delicious recipe!
Original recipe from: http://momonamission.me/crock-pot-no-boil-manicotti/